Facilitating labour market integration of TCNs: Provision of Educational Services.
Malta (17/05/2019)The International Organization for Migration (IOM) Mission in Malta will start the implementation of the project “Facilitating labour market integration of TCNs: Provision of Educational Services” in the coming months.
The project’s main aim will be to contribute to the overall efforts of the Maltese Government to facilitate the socio-economic integration of Third Country Nationals (TCNs) in Malta, with a focus on promoting labour market integration.
The specific objectives of the project will be:
- to improve the pre-conditions for successful integration of TCNs into the labour market;
- to enhance TCNs’ prospects of entering the labour market in Malta.
In order to achieve the main objectives of the project IOM, in cooperation with different stakeholders, will implement the following activities:
- the provision of English and Maltese language classes;
- the provision of job readiness training sessions, focusing on improving access to the labour market;
- the review of data on labour market needs, which will guide the specific skill enhancement trainings offered;
- the provision of skill enhancement trainings, based on the employment sectors identified in the review and the target group’s feedback;
- the facilitation of apprenticeship opportunities for TCNs having successfully completed the skill enhancement trainings;
- the implementation of an information dissemination strategy including through outreach, as well as online.